Sunday, February 5, 2017

On the blogs

Why Did Latin American Import Substitution Industrialisation Run into Serious Problems by 1970s/1980s? -- Lord Keynes provides a summary of Erik Reinert views. If he is accurate, I have a lot of problems with Reinert's views, btw (perhaps more on that in a post)

Scarce workers? -- In which David Ruccio says workers are abundant and that's why wages have been growing slowly. I think pay goes beyond scarcity/abundance, but he is not wrong on the state of the labor market

Post Keynesian Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Theory -- In which Roger Farmer tells us that he hopes "the shock of the Great Recession will catalyze interbreeding between new-Keynesian and heterodox economists. If I am right, more of my neo-classical contemporaries will need to listen to the drum beat that post-Keynesians have been sounding for sixty years." Not sure if DSGE is the way to go though

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atonella Stirarti's Godley-Tobin Lecture

There was a problem during the 7th Godley-Tobin Lecture. I disconnected everyone when I was trying to fix a problem with Professor Stirati&#...